SRRC Board Proposes Bylaws Changes for 2018
The SRRC Board of Directors have been reviewing the Bylaws for several months for clarity and to better serve the SRRC membership. A summary of proposed changes is below with a link to the Bylaws document. These changes will be voted on at the Annual Meeting on January 27, 2018 at Erin's Pavilion. If you have questions or comments, please feel free to contact the board through this website.
To read the current Bylaws, click here.
Summary of SRRC Bylaws Changes:
1. Clarified annual membership duration, member rights and responsibilities.
2. Added Youth membership (under age 18) and Hall of Fame membership classifications.
3. Allowed for opt-out from delivery of SRRC newsletter.
4. Added option for special meetings of SRRC membership, and clarified quorum requirements & voting rights for SRRC membership meetings.
5. Updated Board of Directors qualifications, roles and responsibilities, and added 2 at-large members to Board.
6. Added qualifications, roles and responsibilities for Board-appointed committees, race directors, and training group leaders, including program budget approvals.
7. Updated the member notification requirement for Bylaws amendments from 7 days to 1 month.
8. Updated procedures for Board-authorized payments of SRRC expenses.
9. Added indemnification clause for Board members and those members acting on the Board’s behalf.